One of my favorite, go-to soups that I enjoy all year round. It’s decadent because of the coconut cream but with a little kick due to the jalapeño peppers…and it never disappoints!
Thai Pumpkin Soup
A sweet and savory anti-inflammatory soup sure to warm you up even on the chilliest of days.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper; minced
- 1 can pumpkin puree (or 2 cups fresh roasted pumpkin puree)
- 2 cups bone broth (for vegetarian, use vegetable broth)
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/4 cup almond or peanut butter
- In a large pot, sauté onion, garlic, and ginger in coconut oil until onions are translucent.
- Add carrots, bell pepper, and jalapeño pepper. Sauté for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, bone broth, and coconut cream. Bring up temperature to allow for rolling simmer.
- Stir in almond butter.
- Turn down the temperature, allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.