When I say simple, I truly mean simple! This is a go-to in my household on a weekly basis. Served with roasted veggies and a side salad it makes for a perfectly balanced weeknight meal.
Super Simple Baked Cod
A quick and easy weeknight protein that is perfect for those short on time but still want to eat healthy.
- cod filets; as many as needed to serve you and/or your family
- salt and pepper; to taste
- fresh lemon slices
- Place cod filets on one side of a square piece of parchment paper. Keep it one filet to one parchment paper.
- Season with salt, pepper, and spritz of lemon. Place lemon slices on top of filet.
- Fold up parchment paper into a little pocket so no air escapes.
- Bakes in 350 degree F oven for 14-17 minutes (depending on the size of filet).
- Cod should be flaky when pierced with a fork.