This light salad is full of all the best that the summer bounty provides – fresh green beans, light and flavorful herbs, hardy beets, and crisp green onions. Enjoy over greens or all on its own!
Roasted Beet & Green Bean Quinoa Salad with Summer Herbs
A light, flavorful, and nutrient-rich quinoa salad that can be stretched for multiple lunches and dinners!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 3 beets; roasted and chopped
- 1 cup of green beans; roasted or raw and cut into roughly 1′ chunks
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 kalamata olives; chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Red pepper flakes; to taste (optional)
- Goat cheese crumbles (optional; if tolerated)
- Cook quinoa according to directions. Generally 1 cup of quinoa to 2 cups liquid – bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer for 12-15 minutes. (Make sure to thoroughly rinse quinoa before cooking.)
- While quinoa is cooling, mix beets, green beans, parsley, dill, and kalamata olives in large mixing bowl.
- In a jar with a lid that seals tightly, mix olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Shake until fully mixed.
- Pour dressing over quinoa mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve over greens and sprinkle with goat cheese.
NOTE: If you are grain-free, double up on the beets and beans and forgo the quinoa.
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.