Sometimes, there is truly nothing better than a cup of chicken soup. This one ups the nutrient-anty with bone broth and kale thrown into the mix. A great addition to any fall or winter day!
Chicken, Kale & Lentil Soup
A hearty, filling soup with lots of immune and gut boosting nutrients!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or another medium to high heat oil)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 6 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 2 chicken breast, baked and cut into chunks or shredded
- 3/4 cup lentils
- 2-3 cups chopped kale
- In large soup pot, saute’ onion and garlic in oil.
- After 5 minutes, add chopped carrots. Saute mixture for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in bone broth. Add in thyme, dill, oregano, salt, and pepper and bring to a low simmer.
- Add chicken and lentils. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in chopped kale and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Feel free to let this soup sit at a low simmer to get all the flavors really going…and then ENJOY!
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.