This soup is creamy, rich, and full of gut-healthy PREbiotics!
Butternut squash soup
A delicious gut healthy soup that pairs perfectly with a kale salad!
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, cleaned and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried chives, chopped
- 1 pound butternut squash, cubed
- 5 cups bone broth
- 1/4 coconut cream
- dash of salt, to taste
- chopped chives, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds (optional topping)
- In large soup pot, saute’ onions, leeks, and garlic in olive oil. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Mix in paprika, black pepper, nutmeg, and chives.
- Add squash and pour in bone broth. Bring to boil and then pull heat back to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once squash is soft and breaks down easy, with an immersion blender (or regular blender), blend soup mixture until texture is smooth.
- Stir in coconut cream and add salt as needed. ENJOY!
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.