The lemon brightens up the beans in this recipe while not masking their delicious earthy flavor. Add slivered almonds for a little crunch factor!
A healthy veggie upgrade to any meal!
- 1 pound green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes [optional]
- In a large plastic bag, toss beans, olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, and salt.
- Roast in a 425-degree oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of slivered almonds over beans and toss lightly. Bake for another 3-5 minutes until beans are tender.
- Remove from oven and toss beans with lemon zest, remaining slivered almonds, and red pepper flakes. ENJOY!
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.