A healthy take on an old favorite! Perfect for Thanksgiving or as a compliment to any warm meal on a chilly day.
Quinoa, Kale & Walnut Stuffing
A hearty and healthy side full of feel-good flavors and nutrients.
- 2 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 5 cups bone broth
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened if possible)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large sauce pan, bring rinsed quinoa to a boil in bone broth. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Saute’ garlic, onion, carrots, and celery in olive oil.
- Mix in sage, thyme, rosemary, cinnamon, and nutmeg with veggies and stir thoroughly.Saute veggies until onions are translucent and carrots are soft.
- Once quinoa is cooked, mix in veggies, cranberries, and walnuts. Pour mixure into a greased 9×12 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until thoroughly heating and veggies are cooked. ENJOY!
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.