Sweet, savory, tangy, with a little crunch…this dish is so so good.
Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries & Pecans
A delicious side, great salad topping, or addition to a whole grain bowl!
- 2 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts; halved and/or quartered (depending on size)
- 1 medium-sized red onion; halved and cut into 1/4″ strips
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1/3 cup really good, aged balsamic vinegar (or look for reduced balsamic vinegar)
- 6 slices proscuitto
- 1/2 cup pecans; chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened, if possible)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss Brussels sprouts and onion chunks with a healthy drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast on a greased baking sheet for 20-25 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes or so.
- In an ungreased pan, heat pecans over medium heat. Stirring frequently to prevent nuts from getting burnt. Remove from heat.
- In same ungreased pan, fry up slices of proscuitto and place on pieces of paper towel to soak up some excess oil. Once cooled, crumble into small pieces.
- Once cooled, toss sprouts with balsamic, roasted pecans, cranberries, crumbled proscuitto, and salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy dish cool or warm!
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.