No need to wait until your next sushi date to enjoy this delicious, nutrient-rich Japanese salad. Try your hand at it at home!
A perfect starter for any meal and a great source of stress hormone supporting nutrients!
- 3/4 ounces wakame seaweed; cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, cut into thin 1 inch strips
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- avocado slices (optional)
- Soak seaweed strips in warm water for 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Mix together coconut aminos, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Add in seaweed, scallions, cucumber, carrots, and cilantro.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and top with avocado slices. ENJOY!
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.