Fatty fish, like salmon, are nutrient powerhouses full of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids! Which is especially important for heart health. Throw in some antioxidant-rich broccoli and you have yourself a deliciously nutritious meal.
Broiled Salmon & Spicy Citrus Broccolini
A light, heart healthy meal that can whipped up in no time for an easy weeknight meal.
- 1 pound broccolini, trimmed
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 servings of wild caught salmon (about 3 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (no sugar)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Spritz of lime
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss broccolini with avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Place on greased baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- While broccolini is roasting, place portions of salmon on ungreased, tinfoil covered baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together cajun seasoning, pepper, and salt. Sprinkle and pat down on top of salmon fillets.
- Put oven on high broil and move broccolini to lower oven shelf (or remove if at desired doneness). Place salmon on middle shelf and broil for 6-7 minutes.
- Toss roasted broccolini with olive oil, lime juice, and red chili flakes.
- When plating, spritz salmon with lime juice. Serve alongside broccolini. ENJOY!
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.