These bars make for a perfect on-the-go breakfast. They are chocked full of seeds, almond butter, and protein powder making them a great start to your day (or for a snack later on).
Protein Packed Breakfast Bars
A chewy, filling breakfast bar packed with seeds and all the good stuff to start your day off right.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8×8 baking sheet with parchment paper. Leave a little hanging over the sides of the pan.
- Mix together oats, protein powder, flaxseed, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, thoroughly mix together almond butter, honey, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Pour over dry mixture.
- Stir in seeds and raisins.
- Pour mixture onto baking sheed and spread it out evenly, pressing down with your hands or greased spoon.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until center is set. Let bars cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into 12 bars. ENJOY!
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.