This is one of my favorite recipes, any time of year! It’s a refreshing low-carb way to get some good veggies in alongside some healthy fats.
Greek Zoodle Salad Recipe
This bright, flavorful dish makes the perfect side and can hold its own over greens.
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced kalmata olives
- 1 14-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon red chili flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup feta cheese or mozzerella pearls, crumbled (optional)
- Spiralize cucumbers. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, kalmata olives, and garbanzo beans.
- In a small bowl or jar, mix together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, red chili flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over veggies and toss lightly.
- Fold in feta or mozzarella cheese.
- Chill and let sit for at least 30 minutes before serving. ENJOY!
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.