This is a great upgrade on cheese and crackers and is super easy to make. It can also be a great app to serve at your next party!
Beets & Spiced Goat Cheese
Delicious side for any meal, the perfect snack, or fancy (and healthy) party fare.
- 4-5 medium sized beets, cleaned
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- Wrap your cleaned beets in tinfoil and roast in 400 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together goat cheese, cinnamon, black pepper, and honey.
- Once beets have cooled, peel away skin and slice into 1/4 inch slices (I prefer to use my mandolin slicer for this).
- Lay beets out on a platter and either crumble goat cheese mixture over them as well as crushed walnuts. OR using plastic wrap, spinkle a generous layer of walnuts down on the wrap, place cheese mixture in the middle, bring together all the sides and twist at the top, forming a tight ball. Let cheese ball chill for at least 1 hour before unwrapping and serving as a spread for the beet slices. ENJOY!
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.