I love putting greens (spinach, kale, swiss chard..they all work) in a frittata for breakfast, lunch or dinner! This one is packed with antioxidant-rich spinach, sweet onions and sundried tomatoes, and a little feta to give it that extra pizzazz. Hit up your local farmers market and give it a try this weekend!
Spinach & Sun-dried Tomato Frittata
Perfect way to use up lots of greens in a versatile dish!
- 1 medium sized sweet onion, minced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional; could also use goat cheese instead)
- 9 eggs
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large oven-safe saucepan or cast iron skillet over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in ghee. Stir until the onions are translucent.
- Add in sundried tomatoes. Stir for another minute.
- Lastly, add in spinach and cook until greens are wilted and cooked down.
- While spinach is cooking down, whisk eggs in a bowl. Add salt and pepper and fold in feta.
- Pour egg mixture over veggies an stir lightly to incorporate the veggies throughout.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until center is stiff and edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut into slices and ENJOY!
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.