This one is all about the cabbage, thinly sliced veggies, and fresh herbs. Hit up your local farmers market and give it a try this weekend!
Thai Cabbage Salad
A crunchy salad that can be a meal on its own if you add some protein or makes the perfect side dish!
- 1 head of napa cabbage, thinly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3-4 carrots, thinly chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly chopped
- 1/2 fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed and/or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 extra virgin cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper; to taste
- 1/3 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- lime wedges (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, green onion, cilantro.
- In a sealable jar, add vinegar, ginger, garlic, honey, olive oil, sesame oil, salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Shake until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour dressing over veggie mixture and lightly toss until veggies are covered evenly.
- Before serving, mix in cashews. Top with spritz of lime. ENJOY!
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.