This makes the perfect lunch or light dinner. Rich in protein, omega-3’s, and antioxidants, this meal is sure to please!
Tuna Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
A delicious, filling tuna salad that truly shines when served in a vine-ripened tomato.
- 2 5-ounce cans of tuna
- 1 ripe avocado, lightly mashed
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, pressed and/or finely minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 medium/large tomatoes
- In a large bowl, mix together tuna, avocado, celery, onion, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- Prepare tomatoes by cutting out a circle at the top, removing the core. Using a spoon, gently scrape out some of the insides to create room for the tuna salad mixture.
- Scoop tuna salad mixture into hollowed out tomatoes. ENJOY!
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.