Could this be the perfect summer salad? Loaded with fresh corn, tomatoes, and avocado (plus, a killer dressing) this dish is all about celebrating seasonal ingredients. Bring it to your next picnic or cookout…or throw it together any night you want an (almost) no-cook side. Pro tip: Serve on its own or on top of a bed of arugula.
Fresh Corn, Tomato & Avocado Salad
Crunchy, fresh, and flavorful, this salad = summer in a bowl.
- 3 ears of corn, shucked (frozen corn works great as well)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can of black beans (optional)
- 1/2 cup jicama, peeled and diced (optional)
- Cook the corn for 3 minutes in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Drain, then immerse the corn in ice water to stop the cooking. When cool, cut the kernels off the cob. You may also use frozen corn if you wish.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl, then season with salt and pepper. ENJOY!
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.