Lentils are loaded with protein, iron, and fiber—so they’re one of my go-to ingredients for a satisfying salad! This one features cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and feta, plus, a bright and zippy vinaigrette.
Best of all, this salad is great to make ahead—so you can meal prep for lunches or have ready to go for dinner (perhaps paired with a rotisserie chicken, if you’re looking to add more protein).
Mediterranean Lentil Salad
This lentil salad is hearty, healthy, and full Mediterranean flavors.
- 1 cup uncooked French lentils (or 2 1/2 cups cooked)
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh basil and/or flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Pour the lentils into a fine-mesh colander and rinse under running water. Then pour lentils into a medium saucepan. Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 20 minutes (or according to package directions).
- Drain off any excess water and return lentils to the pot to cool.
- While the lentils are cooling, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, feta, basil and/or parsley in a serving bowl. Set aside.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cooled lentils to the serving bowl, along with the vinaigrette, and gently toss to combine. Taste for seasoning and ENJOY!
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.