This salad is bright, crunchy, and big on flavor! Start with lots of colorful veggies, add some shredded rotisserie chicken, then toss everything in the BEST homemade peanut dressing. Simple and healthy!
Thai Chicken Salad
Fresh, flavorful, and packed with veggies, this salad comes together quickly for a delicious lunch or dinner.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or almond butter if sensitive to peanuts or legumes)
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup warm water, to thin dressing
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded (or 3-4 cups shredded cabbage)
- 2 large carrots, shredded (or 3/4 cup shredded carrot)
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- Make the dressing. Mix together peanut butter, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, sriracha, honey, ginger, and warm water in a bowl (you can also combine using a blender or food processor). Set aside.
- In a big bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, cucumber (if using), cilantro, green onion, chicken, and peanuts. Toss with desired amount of peanut dressing until everything is coated. (If making ahead, keep salad and dressing separate until ready to serve.)
- Season with salt and serve with a lime wedge. ENJOY!
REMEMBER: Recipes are GUIDELINES! So feel free to modify, taste as you go, and make it your own.