Growing up as a Midwestern chubby girl, I hip-checked my way right into the world of health and wellness. And I haven’t looked back.
I am obsessively passionate about what makes humans well. I take my work and your success very seriously…but myself? Not so much. Life is meant to be celebrated, enjoyed, and laughed at. For me, finding health and wellbeing isn’t the end game…it’s just the beginning.
But back to your success…that I do take very seriously.
The science of what your body is needing is powerful (read: absolutely necessary). This is the foundation for building a lifestyle that fits you. However, the science is not enough. It is the accountability, problem-solving, and mental/emotional work that I do with clients that create the greatest long-term benefit. (Read for yourself!) I’m sure you have experienced in your own life, as I have in mine, the space between knowing what to do and actually doing it could hold the flippin’ Grand Canyon. I am all about logistics. The “HOW.” And more specifically the “how” for YOU.
“I’m all about logistics. The ‘HOW.’ And more specifically the ‘how’ for you.”
We’ll work together to figure out what you need to be successful, what drives you, and what motivates you to keep moving forward. My coaching style is non-judgemental and empowerment focused – pushing you to push yourself. However, I am a big fan of throwing in tough love, when necessary. And humor…always humor. Life is too heavy, let’s keep things light, my friend.
Changes, big and small, require us to roll up our sleeves and do the dirty work. If you are looking for a short term, quick fix…I will be straight with you, I am not your gal.
“Changes, big and small, require us to roll up our sleeves and do the dirty work.”
However, if you are looking for change that will last, change that is profound and feels good to you, then we’ve got this.
Let’s get after your healthy place and get you to that happy place!
My Background & Experience
- Registered and Licensed Dietitian (Curious about the difference between a dietitian and nutritionist? Read more here.)
- Master’s in Public Health in Human Nutrition from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities.
- Bachelor’s in Science in Exercise Science from the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse.
- Working towards becoming a Certified Integrative & Functional Nutrition Practitioner through the Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy. (Learn more about integrative and functional medicine here.)
- I have worked with other 3,000 individuals, both in one-on-one and group settings, to create successful, long-term behavior change that results in better health and wellbeing.
- I have worked with organizations ranging in size from 40 to 200 people to create corporate wellness and wellbeing programs that engage each and every employee in a profound way.
- Fun fact: I am also a Certified Group Fitness Instructor through the American Council on Exercise.